Note: As usual, we request you to upgrade our app to the latest version to avail this, and many more fixes, features and games to enjoy.
Sure someone is cheating in a tournament? Found a fellow follower using profanity or abuse in chat? Have proof to back it up?
Well with this guide, you can find out how to report them to the club admin and (hopefully) get them banned or kicked out.
Note: Make sure you have photo/image proof as you'll not be able to report otherwise. Also, this only reports the follower. The Admin needs to verify before they kick out/ban the follower.
How to report a user in case of Misconduct?
1. Launch game.tv on your device.
2. Click on the drawer icon on the bottom right side .
3. Select the down arrow next to the "Gamer's Space".
4. Select your Club from the list shown.
5. Choose "View my club" option available at top left.
6. In the Club page, select the orange “Followers” tab.
7. Scroll down or type in the particular player’s name in the Search bar to find them.
Note: This is currently not possible with Admins, Moderators or Managers. For that, get in touch with us here.
8. Click on the "Report Player" option.
9. On the Report Player pop up, choose one of the "Select reasons" given:
a. Cheating - Any mods, hacks or exploits used to win can be reported.
b. Foul language - Any curse words, profanity, swear insults in any language of choice. Includes derogatory abusive content as well.
c. Spamming - If they continuously text unrelated content which disturbs other followers.
d. Others - Anything not included above. This will open a text box where you detail the issue under 2000 words.
10. Then, click on the "Select file" button in blue under the "Upload image" section to provide the proof.
Note: The maximum number allowed is 4. Without this, you'll not be able to proceed with reporting.
11. This will display your recent saved photos. If the images are found elsewhere, click on the "Recent" tab to load them.
Note: If you need to click the image, click on the "Use Camera" option below.
12. Click on the "Select <number> files" button in blue underneath to upload the images.
13. Once you've confirmed everything, click the "Report" blue button below to proceed.
That's that! You've done your part. Now sit back and let the admin get to work.
Last Updated 24th June 2021.
Thanks for reading all the way through. If you have any further questions or your doubt wasn’t clarified, click here to raise a ticket. We’re always ready to help.