Note: As usual, we request you to upgrade our app to the latest version to avail this, and many more fixes, features and games to enjoy.
Unsure if a tournament team will have all members ready to play? Want to allow for some backup just in case? This guide will help you with just that.
The substitute feature lets a team register more members than it can hold, on a first-come-first-served basis. If those registered first fail to show up, the 'substitutes' play instead. This allows both hosts and team captains to have rounds and lobbies running smoothly.
Note: This is currently possible in FreeFire, Call of Duty: Mobile and Brawl Stars only, when signing up as a team, and hence restricted to Duo and Squad modes.
How to Enable the Substitute Functionality in Tournaments?
1. Launch the game.tv app and click the drawer icon located top left.
2. Select the “Host a tournament” button in blue.
3. Click on the plus(+) icon located bottom right.
4. Select Free Fire, Call of Duty: Mobile or Brawl Stars.
5. In the "Choose tournament style" pop-up, select the "Custom Tournament" option and hit "Next".
6. In the "New Tournaments" page, click on the "Advanced settings" button below left.
7. In the "Advanced settings" page, click the "Tournament settings" tab located far right.
8. To see the desired option, you'll have to disable the "Solo registration" switch on top first.
9. In the "Allow substitutes" section, click the switch to enable the same. Type in the "NUMBER OF SUBSTITUTES".
10. After editing or adding other settings as you see fit, hit the "Create" button to publish the tournament (for more info, refer to this guide.)
11. Post link share and team registration start, you (admin/host) will see the team list. The brackets count indicate substitutes registered.
12. Click a team name to see all teammates listed (substitutes included).
With that, you're all set! Your players will love you for this useful addition. You will too, seeing how it makes so many tournaments run super smooth.
How to use the Substitute Functionality in Tournaments?
1. Open the tournament link given by the tournament host/admin. Click on the “Register” button in blue.
2. Select the "Team" option. Also provide details like "Team Name", "In-Game ID" ("In-Game Name" will be fetched from the "In-Game ID" it’s associated with) and hit the “Register” button.
3. You’ll receive the "Team code" in a pop-up window. Click on “Share code” to send it via the social media platform of choice.
4. The teammate should click on the link shared. This will automatically fetch the team name and team code. They just has to enter their In-Game ID and click on “Register”.
5. If the team slots are already full, you'll get this message. However if substitute functionality is enabled, you can sign up as a substitute.
Note: If the registration goes past the allowed substitute count, then the previous pop-up screen will show. Click on "Create new team" to continue participating.
That's all folks! Play without worry when the time comes. The substitutes will be entered automatically.
Last Updated 21st June 2021.
Thanks for reading all the way through. If you have any further questions or your doubt wasn’t clarified, click here to raise a ticket. We’re always ready to help.